Private, Spacious Cabins
Header Content Region
Insert text, image or banner ads here, or just delete this text and leave this area blank!
Welcome to Finca del Sol in Ometepe Island, Nicaragua!
We are pleased to offer Private, Spacious, Eco friendly Cabins in Peaceful surroundings on a small organic farm. Situated on the hillside, boasting spectacular Views of Lake Cocibolca and Volcano Conception!
A refuge created in harmony within a pristine environment on the foot of Volcano Madaras in Santa Cruz. Perfect for the Adventure Traveler & people just looking to Relax and get away from it all!
WHY STAY AT FINCA DEL SOL?
Welcome ! Our eco-friendly, peaceful and private cabins have been created with your comfort in mind, with private garden spaces, screened windows to catch the cross breezes, high thatch roofs and fans to keep them cool and comfortable. We have some of the nicest views of the sunsets and are immersed in nature, with many old growth trees, birds, monkeys, lizards on our property. Our Location is one of the best for hiking volcano Madaras or lookout and close to the beach and village of Santa Cruz with restaurants, bike, motorbike and scooter rentals nearby. We can organize tours, massages, holistic health consults. Our cabins are easily accessible by public bus, taxi and your own car. Located on the paved road with a paved driveway and parking next to the cabins. We provide service in English, Spanish & Italian and help with your travel plans
- SERVICES AT FINCA DEL SOL
- Private, Spacious Cabins
- B&B or Accommodation Only
- Free Wifi in our common area
- Vegetarian Breakfast
- Lunch boxes or Sandwiches
- Light Lunch Menu 12 - 2 pm M & Tu / Th & F
- Cold beer, smoothies, juice or coffee available
- Massage Therapy
- Holistic Health Consults
OUR LOCATION IN OMETEPE
Accommodation is centrally located in Ometepe Island, within the village of Santa Cruz, a quick 5 - 15 minutes walk from eight restaurants and bars, and only10 mins walk from the beach. The nature in Ometepe is very special, and we are located a few minutes from the trail leading up to Volcano Madaras for those who are interested in climbing to the summit, or for people who would like a half day hike to see the monkey or the tropical dry forest!.
WHY STAY IN SANTA CRUZ?
- Our small nature lodge, Finca del Sol is located in the tropical dry forest on Volcano Madaras, in the heart of Ometepe where many migratory birds call home.
- Santa Cruz is located at the crossroads where the bus can take you in either direction towards Merida or Balgue in the Volcano Madaras region of Ometepe.
- Santa Cruz is a few minutes walk from the beach, Volcano Madaras climbs, horse and bike rentals.
- Santa Cruz is a jumping spot for volcano Madaras, climbing to the lagoon, waterfall or lookout point, where the views of Volcano Conception are some of the most spectacular to be seen.
- Santa Cruz is a small, traditional village where the people are friendly & still connected to growing their own food.
- Santa Cruz is a rural community in Ometepe, where life moves at a slower pace compared to the western world and other parts of Nicaragua
OUR COMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
- All of our power is produced via solar energy
- We have dug 190 foot well as a back up water system
- Composting the kitchen and bathroom waste, using it on a variety of plants
- Using a water filter for the islands natural spring water instead of selling bottled water
- Supporting local business including local guides and working with the local massage school, helping the local population participate in tourism
- Hiring local employees and giving them a skill and an opportunity to learn
- Buying local produce like eggs, milk, cheese, honey, coffee, etc
- Making our own breads, jams, yogurts and granola & supporting the idea we can be more sustainable
- Growing our own fruit like pineapples, mangos, star fruit, mandarins, bananas, papayas, in addition to a small organic vegetable garden
- Raising sheep, for meat and goats for milk
- Using a wood burning oven to make bread, minimizing reliance on fossil fuels
- Natural buildings using adobe and leaf roofing
When traveling around Nicaragua, we recommend at least 3 days in Ometepe, to enjoy it, and more if you want to mix activities & relaxing.